I’ve been thrilled to have a lot of articles published in sailing magazines this winter. For those of you who are interested, here’s a quick recap:
- Out right now in Ocean Navigator March/April 2017 is “Sail Fast! Aleutian Islands to Juan de Fuca Strait in Seven Weeks”, about our summer 2016 voyage. Despite having a schedule to meet and thus having to move faster than we would have liked, it was a great cruise and we managed to pack in the spots we most wished to see.
- For those of you who are Cruising Club of America members, the same piece will be coming out in this year’s Voyages.
- I’m also honored to be the newest member of the editorial team for Voyages – I had a lot of fun creating the maps for each article this year.
- And I was honored to be one of the judges for this year’s Chuck Husick Technology Award, presented by Ocean Navigator to an innovative technology product in the boating market. It was a hard choice among all the great nominees, but the you can read about the final winner here.
- Cruising World just posted Episode 2 of our Arctic Voyage video series! It’ll be up on YouTube soon. 🙂
- In the January/February issue, Cruising World published my piece “Alaska’s Wild Coast” about our 2014 cruise along the Alaska Peninsula the ‘wrong’ direction – from east to west – and now it’s online here.
- Sailing magazine published my article “Captain Cook’s Paradise: New Zealand’s Bay of Islands” in the January issue – unfortunately it’s not yet online.
- Across the Pond, Sailing Today ran my “Introduction to High Latitude Outfitting” in their February issue whose theme was the cold northern climes.
- Also in Britain, last but not least!, Water Craft ran my story about the Steamboat Liberty Belle as their lead feature, along with a cover shot!
As always, a big thank-you to all my readers and hope you enjoy these pieces!